Monday, November 23, 2015

October letters

October 12
Hey mommy!! :) Sooo..que pasa? Just kidding I really still don't know Spanish :( But, I told Hermana Cazares that my main goal is to be able to have a full conversation with her mom in Spanish when we both get home..so that's the goal..agh... but I'm super excited. It's been a better week. We had zone training this past Tuesday up in Green Bay! So that was awesome!! :) It was Hermana Cazares' first time up in Green Bay so that was fun. Green Bay is really cool. And really, really big. The training was amazing. Both the Sister Training Leaders, and the Zone Leaders gave some awesome instruction that has helped us a lot in our area. We've felt really stuck lately with a lot of the people we've been working with, so we always love it when people can offer some good counsel. :) We got to go to a baptism this past Saturday for a lady named Ruby! She had both Hermana Cazares and I speak at her baptism. I was asked to speak about the Holy Ghost, and it was really cool to be able to bear simple testimony to Ruby about how much that gift I've been given has blessed my life, and how much I know it will bless her life. :) It's been a pretty good week. Next week should be crazy :)  Thank you so much for your prayers and your love. Sometimes I feel like that's all that really drags me through the day. One thing that I've learned is that I've just gotta give my day to God, and everything will work out the way it's supposed to. The scripture I chose to ponderize this week is Mosiah 29:12 :) I figured I'd share it. I hope ya'll have taken up the challenge to ponderize a scripture each week! I don't really like the word so much, but the principle of the thing is what matters! :)  I love you guys! Hermana Cazares sends her love as well ;) haha Have a good week! Hurrah for Israel!
-Sister Peterson :)
October 19
 
Ugh seriously I hate emailing, I just always have so much to say but it's hard to condense it all. Tell Luke happy late birthday for me!! I am sending something in he mail for him so tell him to keep watch. I was thinking about getting a green bay lanyard for Joshua..cause his 49ers lost to them the other day..I figured I'd rub it in ;) I didn't though. and don't worry mom, the only reason why I know that is because everyone gives us sports updates whether we like it or not.  This week has been pretty awesome. We were able to drive to Oshkosh for Hermana Cazares' new missionary meeting! It was so good to hear from President and Sister Cutler, and from the Assistants. They gave us a lot of needed guidance for our area. I think it kind of helped us get more excited for the work we're able to do here in this area. What got us even more excited was when the ward missionaries were finally able to come to correlation this Sunday! Hermana Cazares and I have been really down lately about the way our investigators have been progressing, and it was just a definite strength for us to be able to have that support from the ward kind of..vocalized. :) It's been such a miracle, so many people have been signing up to feed us lately! Usually only two or three families sign up on the monthly meal calendar, and it was quite the change this Sunday when we realized we have dinner appointments for almost the next two weeks straight! We've been given soooo much food. I told Jenni the other day that I was going to try to start trying to eat more healthy foods, and she just laughed at me and handed me a piece of cake. I guess that's how it goes. In other news..we had a bit of a scare earlier this past week, because Xavier almost kind of half way..dropped us. We were pretty devastated.  BUT last P day we just decided to go get ice cream at Cedar Crest, and he happened to be working there that day, and we were able to talk to him a bit. We set another appointment with him, and we committed him to coming to church! And he did!! He came!! :D We think that he's just.. really close to actually committing to the church and he's scared to make the decision. We're so excited for him though, and we hope that he'll keep pursuing this. We met with him on Saturday, and he shared a chapter of scripture that really stuck out to him. 2 Nephi 20. One of the Isaiah chapters. Usually people get really stuck there or just skip those chapters cause they're hard to understand sometimes, but he really likes em, and it was an answer to his prayer! So that was a definite miracle. :) Wow anyway, I'm sorry this email is really long. I just. I love you guys. I hope you know that I'm prayin for ya and that I think about you all the time. My scripture I'm ponderizing this week is 2 Nephi 4:28 :) I picked it because of the recent discouragment Hermana Cazares and I have been feeling recently. When you are discouraged, it allows room for the enemy of your soul to crowd into your heart and take control. What we really should be doing is rejoicing! The gospel is good, and it's true. :) I love you all, have a great week :) 
-Sister Peterson
Hurrah for Israel! 

October 26
I cant believe that October is almost over.  Time is flying by. Hermana Cazares and I are super excited for Wednesday, because our ward is having a Trunk or Treat/Chili Cookoff thing, and a tonnnnn of our investigators, and a bunch of less actives promised they'd come. :) This past week was so incredible. Hermana Cazares was finally able to teach Manuel (Jenni's fiancee) the Restoration in Spanish, and he loved it! He told us that he felt like God was in the room with us while she was talking. :) I obviously didn't understand most of what they were saying, so I just nodded my head and smiled. :) He committed to progressing towards baptism with Jenni! :D :D We were driving to another appointment, and Hermana Cazares recapped everything that happened, and I had to pull over I was crying so much. I love that family, I'm so excited for them. :) We gave them a church tour so Manuel could see the building, and feel more comfortable with coming to church, and we showed him a picture of the Provo Temple, and he said he really wants to be able to go there someday with his family :') Aghhh :) Also..another miracle with the Estradas..Isabel and Yuliana are getting baptized November 7th! :D maybe I should have mentioned that first. Huh. ;) We're so excited. :) And they're excited too. They've already invited twenty bajillion of their friends to come. :)  I love them so much. So yeah it's been a really good week. :) I've probably bawled like a bajillion times. In a good way :) I had to give a talk this past sunday in church, and I was asked to center my thoughts around "Choose to Believe" by L Whitney Clayton. I was pretty terrified and very grateful that I didn't pass out, but in my preparation for giving this talk, I found this quote from a talk given by Elder Jeffrey R Holland. He said, "If I may be so bold this morning, may I suggest “direction for deliverance”? In words of one syllable, we need to turn to God. We need to reaffirm our faith, and we need to reassert our hope. Where necessary we need to repent, and certainly we need to pray." How true that is!! God is always waiting for us to turn to Him. He is our literal Father in Heaven, and he loves us with an infinite and a perfect love. I know that he does. Because I've felt it. Especially as I've had the opportunity to serve and to teach his beloved children here in Wisconsin. :) It's been an amazing week. We're so blessed. I'm praying for you! I love you! :)
-Sister Peterson 

No comments:

Post a Comment